CNES offices, Kourou (French Guyana)
"Titan" building (3 floors) including offices, a conference room (99 people), meeting and training rooms as well as storage space on the site of the National Center for Space Studies in French Guyana ;
Post and beam structure in Angelica and Green Ebony / Balata hardwood, Solivium® floors (mechanical tests for the certification of Angelica floors) ; Mix of local wood species for the interior lining of the 3 floors.
• Realization of all the graphic parts of the wood structure ;
• Technical studies (calculation notes) and economic studies (costing of the wooden structure) ;
• Assistance to the operations of reception of the works and follow-up of the building site ;
• Execution/size/fabrication/installation drawings.
- Client : CNES (Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales) (Kourou, France)
- Lead architect : JAG Architecture (Rémire-Montjoly, France)
- Associate architect : Cottalorda / Pérès (Cayenne, France)
- Structural wood engineering office : CBS (Rémire-Montjoly, France)
- Living space : 2010 m²
- Environmental approach : Démarche QEA (Amazonian Environmental Quality)
- Total amount of work : 6,4 M € ex. VAT
- Year of delivery : 2019