Student housing, Chavannes-près-Renens (Switzerland)
"Vortex" project : construction of 721 housing units for students and academic guests, construction of activity areas on level 0 (3200 m²).
First commissioning as part of the Youth Olympic Games in January 2020.
Concept : helical ramp of 2.8 kilometres (1 % slope), with a diameter of about 140 metres, and a height of 27.3 metres, with wide rounded corridors.
Lifteam services : design, supply and installation of facades composed of roller shutter boxes, wall returns and cladding (solid and openwork).
- Contracting authority : Caisse de pensions de l’Etat de Vaud (represented by Retraites Populaires)
- Architect : Itten+Brechbühl SA (Lausanne, CH)
- General contractor : Losinger Marazzi SA (Bussigny, CH)
- Wood structure design office (EXE) : CBS-CBT (Choisy-le-Roi, France / Saint-Sulpice, CH)
- Carpenter : Lifteam Romandie (Saint-Sulpice, CH)
- Supply : Ecotim (La Rochette, France)
- Environmental approach : photovoltaic panels and industrial water
- Year of delivery : October 2019
TIME LAPSE OF THE SITE (© Losinger Marazzi SA / CPEV)
VIDEO (Losinger Marazzi SA)